Saturday, August 25, 2012

Kostroma Class Battle Carrier...complete!

Here is a shot of the Russian Coalition fleet I am painting up for my Spartan Vanguard application.

Photobucket

I started with the largest model in the fleet, the Kostroma Class Battle Carrier, to test out the color scheme I decided on.  Since it also had a few tiny flyers on it, I was able to nail down the TFT scheme as well.

Photobucket

I decided to go with a Red/Off-white look. It was actually pretty easy to nail down.  The 'white' is a base coat of the P3 Cryx Bane Highlight, followed by a wash of the new Devlan Mud (I forget the name of it), and then a drybrush of Bleached Bone.  Although it is hard to see on the smoke stacks I have picked out certain sections and made them the off-white color as well and painted some of the roofs red to help tie the front of the model to the back of the model.

Photobucket

The red is Citadel's Dark Flesh, a Gryphonne Sepia Wash, and then a drybrush of Vallejo's Terracotta.

Photobucket

The Tiny Flyers on the flight deck are even simpler, Silver, washed with black, then the wing tips are painted blood red, and the canopy is the Vallejo Magic Blue.

With the scheme done, I have already started in on the battleship and I hope to have pictures posted up in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment