Monday, December 19, 2011

A Family Photo Op...and the Rise of Gammera!!!


All I needed was a small chunk of time to finish up Brun Cragback and I got that on Sunday.  Admittedly I didn’t get as much time as I would have liked to paint but I did finish up the figure.  So that is what I did.  I sat down for two and a half hours and picked out the details of the skin, eyes (good god I hate painting eyes…cause I suck at painting eyes), the beard, and the weapons.  Overall Brun fits with Lug rather well, I tossed in a little touch of green to the figure to tie him into the theme of the army. 


I do however need to take a break from the Searforge Commission for a bit, need to switch it up.  I was listening to an episode of 40k Radio because a friend of mine was a guest host on it and one of the hosts talked about doing little chunks of lots of different painting projects.  It makes sense; it keeps the hobby fresh and helps to stave off the boredom that can sometimes slow the painting process down a lot.  While it does tend to extend out painting projects at least you are always working towards something bigger and as long as you are painting and improving your skills who cares how long it takes. 


Speaking of switching up painting projects, I am now going to finish a half-finished model from my Blindwater Congregation and then move on to painting up a Gatorman Posse.  Kind of excited actually, I am going to be painting up Gammera!!!!  Also known as the Ironback Spitter…and to make it worse, I am using the color scheme from a pokemon.  Yeah, I went there.  It all started as a subtle little joke that Duane said the first time I played my Blindwater Congregation against him and I brought out my Ironback Spitter.  He chuckled, made some off-hand comment about painting up my then unprimered Ironback Spitter to look like Blastoise and I ran with it.  I probably shouldn’t have, but I did and I have a half-painted Ironback Spitter that is in desperate need of being painted up.  So that is my next project and hear is the teaser picture. 

 

Pretty risqué huh?  

No comments:

Post a Comment