Monday, June 27, 2011

2 for 2!

Alrighty, so far so good, this is 2nd week in keeping true to posting to the plog. I have been painting. I wish I could say that I have been painting more, but I haven’t. Working two jobs can really put a crimp in the ol’paint time. Usually my two jobs don’t gobble up a lot of my time but this week and next week are going to be rough. Between both jobs this week I am working between 40 to 60 hours. What makes it bad is that I go to my first job from 7am to 2pm and then I usually have to be at my other job by 4pm and stay till 9pm…by the time I get home the last thing I want to do is paint…needless to say, I am pushing to get in an hour a night. For NorCon, which is a local gaming convention in Redding, I am to take part in the Badab War Campaign. I have committed to fielding 500pts of Space Marines.


I have chosen to play a Blood Angels Successor Chapter, the Lamenters. I am fielding a Reclusiarch, 5 Death Company w/Jump Packs, and a Death Company Dreadnaught; the models count amounts to about 500 or so points, give or take a few. I know this doesn’t seem like a lot especially considering that the Death Company are basically painted black with a few splotches of color.



So why am I having such a hard time actually painting up these models. I had a great time painting up the Chapter Commander Malakim Phoros that I scratch built and I really enjoyed painting up my converted Reclusiarch Abraxas. I think I am having a hard time painting up the Death Company because the Death Company are just different versions of the same model and are fairly boring to paint.



I can hear you all now…most miniature games only have a few sculpts and I do understand that it is more cost effective to have a few sculpts than each one being an individual sculpt. I can also hear you saying, “Well, why don’t you just convert your figs?” Pretty easy to answer really…limited funds and lack of belief in my own abilities, more of the former than the later really. Also I have a few new models for Warmachine coming out and I really want to paint them up and my painting ADD has kicked in hard.

Anywho…enough woe-is-me-bullshit.

Speaking of painting ADD and faction ADD and Game ADD, I think I am going to try and paint up two 50pt Tier 4 Lists for Warmachine different factions. Roll your eyes, I know you are, hell I am rolling my own eyes but that doesn’t change the fact that I really want to do it.

One list will be headed up by Constance Blaize leading her Army of Light. The other faction will be Kommander Harkovich, the Iron Wolf leading the Wolf Pack.

Constance Blaize’s list is filled to the gills with Precursor Knights, Sword Knights, Mechanics, two Heavy Warjacks, a Journeyman Warcaster, Harlen Versh, and Archduke Alain Runewood…around 42 models total.

I am still working on a list for Kommander Harkovich, but I know it will have three Heavy Warjacks, two Man-o-War units, Man-o-War Kovnik a War Dog, Kovnik Joe, and some Morter Crews.

Two totally different armies and two totally different playstyles…now let’s see if I can actually do this. Here’s for hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment