Monday, May 31, 2010

Rivets?! Why did they have to put so many damned rivits on the model...

The Defender I have been working on is almost finished. In a week I have put quite a bit of time into it. I figure I should have it done by the end of the week unless some odd happenstances prevents me from putting any paint onto the model. So far I have finished up two shades of gray and I am thinking of adding a third shade of gray for some "EXTREME" highlighting and I do mean "EXTREME"...not really but I thinking at this point in my painting career I need to add a bit more than just two layers. I have decided to paint this Defender up just like the picture from the Mk. II Prime book sans the blue paint job. So far I think I am doing pretty well. Keep in mind I still need to add the yellow on the shoulder pads(?) to make it an official Fort Falk Defender and a few spots of touch up but here for the first time, presented for your viewing pleasure a comparision...

Here is a picture of the Original Artwork by *Mr--Jack (Luke Mancini)



And here is my Defender so far...



I think I am pretty close, well as long as you don't consider the lack of multiple layers of blending and a huge booming explosion out of the cannon and the fact that his artwork is amazing looking, but yeah...close. Though I still need to do some touch up on the metals. Kind of like that possible third shade of gray, I am also looking into doing a very light drybrush of gold on the bronze surfaces to 'attempt' (and I use the word lightly) some additional depth. We shall see.

I am not however looking forward to doing the rivets. I am half tempted to count them just to see how many are there but a rough estimation puts them at oh, a metric f#$@ ton of the little bastards. Still when the Defender is finished having all those little P.O.S. painted will add a nice touch to the model. Guess I should get off my butt and finish up the bronze work on the model and if all goes well, by this time next week I should have some more paint on Kara Sloan.

No comments:

Post a Comment