Monday, April 12, 2010

Wold...not quite a Warden yet.

Well another week has come and gone, and I will admit I haven't painted much. The Shattered Grounds Warmachine League kicked off last week and I have put aside the paint brush and taken up the call to help Cygnar in its bid to take over the world!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I have gotten in more games over the past week than I have in the months that I have been a Pressganger. It is awesome. I am growing more and more comfortable with Kara Sloan. She is quickly becoming a favored warcaster of mine. I find myself looking at the tabletop with a more critical eye, deciding how to move and which units benefit my caster and her play style best. Out of six games, I have played in the League, I have used her 5 out of 6 times and I have only lost two matches. Most of my wins have been assassination runs, well really it more about lining up the shot and placing a magically-enhanced 50cal Sable round into the poor brainpan of the enemy warcaster. My opponents however are becoming wise to her tricks which is making the game even more challenging for me. I love it! Here is her current tally of Headshots.

Kara Sloan Headshots:
Gorten Grundback
Supreme Kommandant Irusk
Feora, Protector of the Flame
Pirate Queen Skarre

But I digress.

I have made some progress on my Woldwarden. Slow to be sure, but progress none-the-less. By next week I am hoping to have the stone portions finished and drybrushed and just doing some touch up and basing. I am still not sure which model I will start up next and I am toying with the idea of rounding out my 35pt list by adding 15pts and making it a 50pt list for the inevitable Hordes release event that is going to happen. Oh well, so much for keeping it at 35pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment