Friday, October 26, 2012

SHOW ME YOUR WARFACE!!!!

Well I don't think I am going to meet the deadline for the Slightly More Possible Dream Painting Challenge.   
 
I paint too damned slow and I have only painted up two models!   
 
Aside from jacked up schedules at work, it is very hard for me to paint when my daughter is awake.  She has to be at the center of it all and that means right at my painting area and wanting to touch and paint everything in sight...but enough excuses.  I finished up the Dire Troll Mauler for Borka's battlegroup.
 
As you can see he is very angry and has very very large hands with which to rip your 'jack apart with
 
 
I did a lighter shade on the belly and the palms but it doesn't quite show in the photograph like it does when you are holding the model.  Next time I think I need to mix in another drop or two of the lighter grey with the basecoat to help separate it out more.
 
 
 
Over all I am pleased with the model but I think next time I paint up a dire troll I am going to leave much 'thinner' lines in the recesses of the musculature.
 
This guy really is just plain angry and those are some rather big meaty firsts!

No comments:

Post a Comment