Wednesday, May 5, 2010

More Gray for the Masses

Well I have been painting at least one to two hours each night. The length really depends on how long my back will allow me to sit in a semi-hunched position. I finished drybrushing on the 3 different shades of gray and then rather than go with an all gray look I broke up the monotany with brown Tricorns. A little bit of Cathan Brown with a heavy Devlen Mud wash really gives the hats a nice weathered look and depending on where the wash lays each tricorn is unique in its own little way. I also finished up the flesh tones and I am dreading doing the eyes.



I hate eyes. I never manage to get them right. One is always a 'lazy' eye. It just bugs me. Oh well I guess this is what a plog is about though, documenting your not-so-great moments and hoping to improve upon them. My next step will be to put the yellow on the great coat cuffs and then do all the leathers on the models. I am still trying to figure out if I want to do their pistols in a more traditional black iron look or make them all 'blinged' out and go with lots of gold and ornate bits and pieces. One step at a time I suppose and I will figure out what to do when I need to do it.



Short and sweet this time but after this unit is done, Kara Sloan and her pet defender hit the painting bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment