Friday, April 30, 2010

Arcane Tempest Gun Mages or Bust

So, I have gone and done it again. I can't even commit to my own plog. It has been over a week and a half and as things tend to go some things do change. Such as I am putting my Circle on the back burner for a bit. Yeah, yeah I know what everyone is thinking. I committed to painting up the Circle figs before Hordes Prime Mk. II came out and now I am dropping the ball but some amazing games with my 35pt Kara Sloan List that treated me so well during the 3-week Shattered Grounds: Nightfall League, that I am compelled to paint it up first.

Out of the 18 games that I played across the course of the league, I lost 4 games. While it wasn't enough to gain the coin (the winner had something like 130pts) I definitely put up a solid showing for Cygnar. After trying out just about every warcaster Cygnar has to offer I think I finally found the one that I like playing. Something about playing Kara Sloan just seems to fit. Depending on the player I am usually outnumbered and I get that feeling that I am fighting an up-hill battle. Something about that has made me just want to win even more and prove that I can and will win. I approach every game with the intention of getting off that head-shot. Getting down to board level to eye-ball the field and just so I can see if I can line-up that shot. Most of the time it happenes...that one lucky shot that won the game. Other times I just can't work my way through the wall of troopers and warjacks that are in the way to end the game by killing the warcaster/warlock. Such is the nature of the game.

After the stellar performance of the 35pt list with Kara I felt it would just be a grave injustice to not paint up the models I used and will most likely continue using in the next incarnation of the Shattered Grounds League.

Warcaster:
Kara Sloan

Warjacks:
Defender
Defender
Charger

Units:
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team

Solos:
Squire
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
Captain Arlan Strangewayes
Professor Victor Pendrake or Alten Ashley.

The nice thing is, a few of the models are already painted. A defender, the Squire, Reinholdt, and Capt. Strangewayes. And now to work on the rest. The first to see paint is the ATGM + Officer. I have already started and I will leave this fine plog alone for a week or so with a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment