It was pointed out to me the other day that I haven’t been updating the blog as much.
Tis a true statement.
I have been rather lax in my updates lately and I am hoping to change that now that some major life events, which have caused some upset in my painting schedule, are calming down. It has been a rough February and March, but I shall not bore you with details.
I have been getting in some painting lately. Not a whole lot but some. I started in on Durgan Madhammer got about ¾ done with him and then decided I didn't like the colors and so dunked him in some of my favorite liquid, Super Clean, and stripped the paint off of him. Now I just need to reprimer him and start over =)
I have been working on the largest model I own to date and that is the Mountain King. There is the book release event for Gargantuans at the end of April that I am going to go to, so I want to have the Mountain King painted up for that. I have gotten his skin tone done and really, I just did a quicky couple of layers. Base coat, wash, and then lots of drybrushing.
The detail on the skin is amazing. Cuts and scratches not to mention musculature, so rather than have my bumbling hands muck up the awesome detail…I just drybrushed the entire model (five or six times).
Yup, I took the cheaters way out.
I am almost done with the bottom portion of the Mtn King that would be impossible to reach if he is glued to his base, i.e. certain areas below the belly. Once I finish that up I will glue him to his base and then just go on a crazy painting spree to finish him up in short order. For that to happen I need to put one more layer on the leather belt and then give the model a thorough once over before I glue it down. You can see the parts where I have had to hold the model by the top 'mountain spire' so that I could paint the under-carriage. When I get him glued to his base I will reprimer the top portions of the mountain with my air brush.
Just wanted to give a quick update really. More to come, more often, I promise.